Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Early Memories

One of my earliest memories is of being in my crib and playing with my busy box and lying in the sun. It's a nice memory.

Another early memory is of my beloved dog, Rastuss, getting hit by a car right in front of me when I was 3. See, you think it's all sappy good stuff and then BAM there's a dead dog.

I was playing in the front yard of my house on a busy street with my dad when my mom opened the front door and Rastuss ran out. I remember being happy to see him, but then he ran into the street right in front of a car and he was hit. I was screaming and my dad ran into the street to grab Rastuss, who bit him.

I remember wanting to run to the dog to see why my gentle, sweet doggie would be mean enough to bite.

So now my dad is screaming in pain, the dog is growling and snapping and I'm screaming. Pretty awesome, huh. Oh the good old days.

I remember their being chaos and an ambulance and some body came to get the dog and take him away. Dad went to the hospital and I wondered what kind of hospital Rastuss was going to. It was quite a surprise to learn that the dog was killed because he was dangerous. Remember this is what my mom told me, a 3 year old. I would let this moment of crappy parenting slip if I didn't learn that this was just the beginning in a string of crappy parenting by both of these people. yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment